Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just One Wish - Janette Rallison Review



Book: Just One Wish
Author: Janette Rallison
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Road trip, Humor

Book Synopsis: Seventeen-year-old Annika Truman knows about the power of positive thinking. With a little brother who has cancer, it's all she ever hears about. And in order to help Jeremy, she will go to the ends of the earth (or at least as far as Hollywood) to help him believe he can survive his upcoming surgery.

But Annika's plan to convince Jeremy that a magic genie will grant him any wish throws her a curveball when he unexpectedly wishes that his television idol would visit him. Annika suddenly finds herself in the desperate predicament of getting access to a hunky star actor and convincing him to come home with her. Piece of cake, right?


Book Review: 
This book had the right amount of humor and romance to calm my taste buds for a great book. However, I feel like the plot may have been a little under developed. It was as though everything happened way faster than it should have, meaning things could have taken a little bit more time. For example, the romance came quicky while the road trip was dragged out. There could have been more balance with these aspects. I had the right amount of action in a loose sense of the word. I did feel for the younger brother very often, keeping up his hopes even when things seemed dark and when he stopped that just about broke me down. 


favorite Quotes: 

“Perhaps I wasn't going crazy after all. Perhaps I was just becoming a writer. ” 

"That's the thing about the internet. It's really good at giving you pointless facts like how many horses a star owns, but not important things like how to invade his trailer.” 

“I can't believe you just did that! Are you crazy?"
I gripped the steering wheel tighter. "Why do people keep asking me that?"
He turned to stare at me, his eyes worried. "Who else keeps asking you that? Are any of them doctors?” 


All in All: 
I really liked this book. It had action, romance and made me laugh quite a lot. What more could a person ask for. I give it a rating of 3 and a half guitar strings out of 5. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment