Monday, July 1, 2013

Shine Not Burn - Elle Casey Review


Shine Not Burn

Book: Shine Not Burn
Author: Elle Casey
Genre: New Adult

Book Synopsis: IT HAPPENED IN VEGAS. 

I can't be held responsible. Things that happen there are supposed to stay there, right? Right? Yeeeah. Not so much. 

Andie's just days away from tying the knot, but there's just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she's already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won't issue her a marriage license until it's all cleared up. Tripping her way through cow pies and country songs to meet up with a man who gets around places on horseback is her very last idea of how to have a good time, but if she's going to get married, make partner at the firm, and have two point five kids before she's thirty-five, she needs to get to the bottom of this snafu and fix it quick ... before her fiance finds out and everything she's been working toward goes up in flames.


Book Review: I don't even know where to begin when it comes to this book. So I shall begin by telling you this... Wow. Yup, that sums it up rather well. I fell in love with this book after reading the first few lines. Elle never disappoints in hooking her readers in with her snazzy word play, and this is no exception. The characters were so lovable, making you want to love them more and more as you continue to turn the pages. It was exciting, with the perfect hints of romance, pain, lust. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention the quite delicious cowboys? Well let me tell you, yummy yummy. Almost makes me want to run off to Vegas and pray I find a sexy rancher like our buddy Mac. I can tell you in all honesty this book will on no way shape or form disappoint you if you're looking for an exciting book with all the right elements. You better preorder right now! Or buy the book when it comes out I don't care but you had better buy the dang thing! 
Sam, over and out! :3


Favorite Quotes:    

"Nobody's got good wood like a guy who works with stiffs all day"

"Floor, if you will please swallow me now, I promise to dedicate myself to feeding the homeless for the rest of my miserable life"

"If by saying shoes you mean the Devil's torture devices down there, then no. I definitely don't want to put them on."

"Luceo non uro. Shine, not burn"

All In All: 
Are you still reading this? Oh wait, I would hope you would be. Anyway, you need to go and get this book like now! You know you wanna read it. I know you wanna read it. So why are you not reading it person! Go, Go, Go! I've told you many times Elle Casey does not disappoint and this time is no exception. Why are you still reading this? GOOOOOO!

2 comments: