Friday, July 12, 2013

Significance (A Significance Novel) - Shelly Crane Review


Significance (Significance, #1)

Series: Significance
Book: Significance
Author: Shelly Crane
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy


Book Synopsis:
Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. She was smart and on track, but then her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating - barely - and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has.
Then she saves the life of Caleb and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing. But things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally.
They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive.
Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him.

Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another?



Book Review:
 I had heard so many good things about this book, but I had no idea that it would be so much better than anything I had imagined. Let's start with our lovely characters. Maggie was such a sweetheart, and even though when we first meet her she appears to be so detached it just makes you love her more. your heart goes out to her as she struggles to hold on to the little piece of her she has left, that didn't leave with her mother. Then your hart warms as you see her begin to show more emotion and love again, and fights to keep a hold of everything she loves. Caleb, is an absolute sweetheart with a heart of gold and sounds like a real piece of eye candy. He has a loving family with the biggest hearts, something Maggie doesn't but he opens that world up to her. You fall in love with those two, as they fall in love with one another. You can feel your own heart beat fast as you read about the passion and love that they share for one another (well, I know I did and I kind of hope other people did too because I mean I really can't be the only one this happened to). 

The action was great, for lack of a better was to phrase that. You had to be on your toes, and even I was kind of afraid to fall asleep after I finished reading this book in fear of awaking to find hand prints from malicious intent upon my body (I probably sound like a crazy person saying that but if you read the book I am sure you will understand why). Every second you could sense that something was coming over the horizon but you didn't want to, you wanted everything to be bright and cheery. The powers that are exhibited in this book, something other worldly, powerful and strong from love and completion. You will feel your heart cry out in parts of loss and pain, and feel it wipe those tears away at moments of restoration. What we have on our hands here is not just some silly little romance book that climbed its way to be a great book. It has so many elements people search for in a great novel, there is no doubting what makes this book spectacular. 

Favorite Quotes: 
"Dad, I've eaten honey buns almost every day since birth, along with thousands of other Americans. I'm sure they're not lethal."

"'Dad, he's different. He's not going to take advantage of me.' 'I hope not, because I'd hate to go to prison for murder.'"

"What? It's my job as your best friend to make sure he's not a serial killer. Or an English major, not sure which one's worse."


All In All: 
This book was just so amazing I am not sure where I should go with this. We had lovable character, love in general, family, struggle, action, pain, blah blah blah I think you are getting the point I am trying to make here which is that this book has it going on! So what are you waiting for? Grab your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment