Monday, August 19, 2013

Back To Life - Danielle Allen Review




Book: Back To Life
Author: Danielle Allen
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit
Published: July 2013


Book synopsis: 
Brief summary of book: Sahara Lee has spent the last ten years living with the guilt of a tragic accident and its aftermath.  She accepts her lonely existence as penance for the role she played in the accident. That is, until she meets Tyree Barker, the good looking entrepreneur with baggage of his own. When suddenly forced to confront the past she's been running from, Sahara's future becomes complicated as she heads down a tumultuous path of forgiveness, love, and heartbreak...and not in that particular order.

Book review:
It's not easy finding such a good book, one that leaves me breathless as the final page is turned leaving me wanting more. Yet, I found one right here under the title of Back To Life. 
To start out, the characters were quite lovable even though hey were broken. You just wanted to pick up those pieces and put them back together. The connection with them was immediate as they were placed in real world situations that crated love, lust, loss and pain. 
As the story unravels I became more and more entrapped into the world Allen created. With the turn of every page, it appears some new twist and turn has been tossed into the work in the form of words. Emotions the characters experienced raged through me with a fierce vengeance making it seemingly impossible to put the work down. Not only that, but her use of songs that fit the situations they were placed in were quite clever and definitely an added bonus to helping understand the situation tons better than before. 

Favorite quotes:

"Before the kiss had a chance to continue, Biggie thumped through the speakers. Instantly, I remembered that I had put the iPod on random shuffle. 'How did the playlist go from soft and sweet to hood without any warning whatsoever?'"

"Art and love-the only two things that can bring you back to life"


All in all:
I am amazed and greatly pleased at the world Allen has strung together through the usage of words. My heart broke and put itself back together so many times during my reading of the work I don't know how it's still working. It's clear that this work will become high on my life of favorites. I encourage you to go and grab your own copy and fall in love with the work just as I did.


Find Danielle Allen & Her Work:

Back to Life can be found exclusively on
Amazon Goodreads Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment