Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beasthood - A.Z Green Review


17983273

Series: The Hidden Blood Series #1
Book: Beasthood
Author: A.Z Green
Genre: Dark fantasy; Romance; New Adult; Mystery
Published: May 22nd, 2013

Book Synopsis: The bloody, raw meat was tantalizing her; calling to her. She hated it and yearned for it all at once. 
"Stop." She ordered. "What are you doing?!"
"So hungryyyyy," snarled a primal voice deep within her.
"Don’t you dare!" She screamed back. 
But it did dare.” 

What would you do if you discovered you weren't human? That you turned into a bloodthirsty monster against your will? 
What if your instincts, emotions and desires were torn between your own and the dark, dangerous animal lurking inside of you?
If it could make you yearn for someone you shouldn't, make you say and act in ways you wouldn't and overwhelm your whole existence?
If everything you'd ever known about your life was a lie? 

In a world where a deeply hidden community is swathed in mystery, deadly secrets, betrayal and murder, Jaz Barker struggles to fight against the dangerous Beast within her and the emotions and desires it thrusts her way.
When tensions ride high and people she cares about are put in danger, she will have to decide how much of her newly awakened animal side she's willing to let in. 

And if it is worth the risk...


Book Review: 
I finished reading this book a few weeks back actually and I was really pumped to write the review. Then some things came up and I forgot about it and now here I am writing this. It won't be as detailed of a review as I would have liked it to be, but I still think it'll be a good review none the less. Alright, now let's get down to it.
The only problem that I really had with this book was the first few chapters. They were confusing, and as I read them I can honestly say I had no idea what was going on and I was worried that would continue through the whole book. After a few chapter though things do begin to piece themselves together and you find yourself on the path of sense making, so thankfully I didn't have to go through the whole book in some sort of lost daze. 
The book was very well written, especially for a first book in the series. It hooks you right in, and leaves you wanting more from the second book. When I finished reading it I wanted to get the next one right away, but low and behold there is no second one yet so I just sat around upset for about an hour or so until I realized that I had other things to do. The characters have lovable personalities that makes it hard to stay upset at them even when they do something stupid or wrong. Well, most of them anyway, there were some of them who I would have loved to rip their eyeballs out for being just plain rude, but I know i would be dead before I got within a foot of them so I shall be content at staring at them through the pages.I experienced emotions with the characters in this book. I felt their fear, I cried their tears and yelled in their frustration. This author is in the accomplished area of tying me to the characters, something you can find a lot of authors forgetting. After all if I can't connect with the character why should I continue to read his/her story?

Favorite Quotes:
"The kind that every guy does a 180 head spin and stares so long - even when they're walking/jogging - that they end up falling over or bashing into things."

"'I could smell you from a mile away,' Garik said snidely, stubbing out his cigarette in his palm and putting it in the breast pocket of his cotton shirt for later. 
'You must be getting old then, huh? I'd be able to hear you fart from triple that distance without even trying.'"

"Oh come on, werewolves? Seriously? If I'm a werewolf then pigs fly. She eye'd the sky out of the window momentarily before blinking and shaking her head at her stupidity."

"'Karma is a bitch huh?' she sighed. Carr grinned. 'I thought her name was Fraya?"

"Wow, I thought you'd come out with something fouler in language than that. And your speech had the largest amount of variations of arse in it, I've ever heard."

"'She is. She's the creative one, Swain's the pretty one, I'm the nasty one.' 
Jaz grinned, forcing her top lip back over her bloody teeth. 'I don't believe that.' Driver looked her way swiftly. 'Swain's not that pretty,' she added with a smirk."

All In All:
This book was quite enjoyable. You don't seem to find many good werewolf books these days, always about the stupid vampires (-.-) and I was very happy I found one I know I will be sticking too following the series as it progresses. Green has begun to craft an original and seemingly unforgettable series. I recommend this book to all you werewolf lovers, even if you're not read it and join the wolf fandom ;)

Meet A.Z Green:
A.Z.Green was born in 1989 and raised in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. She met the love of her life aged 16 and moved to London, finally settling down near Brighton. She has written various novels and short stories in her lifetime but has only recently decided to publish. She writes a wide range of genres such as dark fantasy, romance, thriller, historical fiction, dystopian, horror and paranormal. Her books tend to fit better into the New Adult genre as they usually have a more mature theme. Beasthood is her first published novel.

You can follow her on twitter:https://twitter.com/AZGREEN786
Or visit her blog:http://azgreen786.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment