Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fantasyland - DJ Starling Review


Name: Fantasyland
Author: D.J Starling

Book synopsis:
"Believe in magic. Put a song in your heart. Know the power of love." FANTASYLAND "Won't you come on in? Meet all the lonely people. Be there when they discover that dreams that you dare to dream really do come true." "Sandi.".. Shattered by a devastating loss, she's struggling to move beyond her grief as she embarks on a new life. But when a charming stranger elicits a magnetic attraction, unyielding heartache overrides her desires and undermines her chance for happiness.


Book Review:
Wow. I just had to say that, because that's what is going through my mind right now. It's about 10:30 at night and I just finished reading, but I couldn't go to sleep without writing this review. 
Starling has once again proving that she is an amazing author, with her talent for combining words and music into someone as magical as Fantasyland. Her prologue leaves you wanting to know what the scene described is about, to unravel all that lays behind the situation and what lays ahead after its conclusion. 
The characters are lovable right from the start, with back stories that show they're more than just people in a story we have to read about. A connection is formed with the reader, as they form connections with one another, making you yearn to see what happens to them next.
The romance in this book is just heart stopping. It makes me melt as though I was the one receiving.  The tale of unbridled love can warm the coldest of hearts, with dreams coming true at every seemingly every corner.
Now, I'll be honest with you. When I got to the climax, I cried. It was more like ridiculous sobs that racked my body and made people look at me as though something was seriously wrong with me, and caused others to rush to my side to try and figure out what was going on. I won't tell you why, but put this here to prove a point. The book was so great, drawing me in and causing a deep love for the characters, and making me share their sorrow. It's not a bad thing though, it just goes to prove the point of how extraordinarily amazing this book was for me. 
Starling has created a love story that can last through the ages, was envied even by some in the story, and proved that love is an amazing thing. All we have to do is allow love back in when its sent to us, and things can fall into a place better than anyone could imagine. 


Favorite Quotes:

"Dreams that you dare to dream really do come true"

"Most people call me Rick. Some even call me irresponsible"

"I think it sounds like another reason why I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow."

"And he was certain there was no place else he would ever want to live  other than right there in his very own Fantasyland, writing his very own happily ever after." 


All In All:
This book is worth the read, especially if you're a hopeless romantic. It's a perfect blend of love, loss, lust and lyrics to date just about anyone who's on the prow for some good literature. Starling shall not disappoint. 


Contact D.J Starling:
Author Website:    http://djstarling.com/
Author page on Facebook:    https://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Starling/134819896704981?ref=br_tf

No comments:

Post a Comment