Sunday, December 29, 2013

Back to Reality - Danielle Allen Review


18745238

Series: Back To Life
Book: Back To Reality
Author: Danielle Allen


Book synopsis:
Her past: Emanuel Mills was her first love. The guitar playing, adventure seeking, IT whiz was everything she ever wanted.

Her present: Tyree Barker was her last love. The cultured, educated, successful entrepreneur was everything she needed.

But when Sahara Lee’s past and present collided, a series of events occurred that changed her life forever, leaving her future up in the air.

As a college freshman, a tragic accident changed the course of Sahara’s life. Ten years later, just when she started putting her life back together, Sahara’s world was rocked again due to a similar accident. 

Heartbroken and guilt ridden, Sahara fell into old, familiar habits before quickly realizing that she wasn’t the same Sahara Lee anymore. Unable to live a lonely, loveless, isolated life anymore, Sahara decided that the way she coped before wasn’t going to work this time around. 

Time didn’t heal her wounds, but forgiveness might.


Book Review:
Holy Smoly my heart is still racing after finishing reading this. I didn't really expect any of this, I didn't even know what to expect after what happened at the end of book one.
Let me start at the beginning. Our favorite characters are back! Yay! And some new ones, and some not so favorite characters -.-. You don't know how much I love them. They're so real to me, I connect with them on levels I love and hate. Love because I adore being able to connect with great characters, and hate because they're not real and I really want them to be (if only in me dreams :p). They're growing even more in this book, and being with them every step of the way through the ups and downs feels like an honor to me (that sounds weird I know). 
Next up, we have a great plot. It was crazy, those plot twists sent me whirling. I was going insane trying to process this and that, and then when I finally felt I had a handle on things... Bam! I loved every second of it, being kept on my toes helps keep the book from getting boring. And this book was anything but boring, believe me. I wasn't prepared for how this book ended. If I had even had a glimpse of it, I would had fastened my seat belts. All I have to say is there should be a book three (and I want it right now) and I also want four, five, six, I think you see where I am going with this.

Favorite Quotes:

"'Well first of all, I did not say it was a date. Although he is a hot guy. I didn't say that either.'
'You said he was from London and had an accent. I filled in the blanks.'"

"Wait, wait so because I found a handsome doctor you had to one up me by getting a handsome doctor with an accent? You bitch!"

"The thing you said to me last Friday stuck with me: hurt people hurt people. I will never stop feeling like this if I'm always hurting others and then running. I can't keep running from the past."

"'Let me take your bag to get checked so I can talk to the baggage attendant over there with the tight skirt on.'
Laughing I retorted, 'I'm not checking my bag and I will not let my luggage be involved in whatever you have going on. Go talk to her - without my bag - and I will see you tomorrow'"

"'Now I have to go. The flight attendant just gave me a look.'
Emily scoffed, 'give that bitch a look right back.'"

"I wish life had a concealer you could just slap on and make everything pretty again."

"'I suppose you haven't changed your mind about Thanksgiving dinner with Bennett and his family?'
'I suppose if you're asking, Hell has indeed frozen over?'"

"Sometimes the questions are complicated but the answers are simple."

"'All I need you to do is let go and give yourself permission to I've your life.' She stood up, still looking at me. 'And to let me borrow that clutch you had last night.'"

"You make me feel like I'm dreaming with my eyes open."

All in all:
This was another fabulous installment to a fabulous first book. My heart was racing and I really didn't want it to end. I recommend this book very much. And if you haven't read the first one, I don't see what you're waiting for! 


Meet Danielle (Taken From Goodreads): 
Life is good! 
I have fabulous friends, a great family and a wonderful husband. One of my favorite things to do is curl up with a good book. I'm always looking for book suggestions so if you've read a good book, send it my way!
XOXO 

Connect With Her:

No comments:

Post a Comment