Friday, December 20, 2013

Interview: Ramz Artso


 Ramz Artso

We managed to snag an interview with Ramz Artso. You can take a look at it below ^.^


1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. 
What are your hobbies? What do you enjoy and dislike doing?
My name is Ramz Artso, I’m twenty-three years old and I grew up in Switzerland. I think that Red Bull and Capri Suns are the world’s best drinks, Inferno chips are to die for and Chinese cuisine is yummy. Speaking of my hobbies, I like jogging to keep fit, playing videogames to relax and camping as well as cross-country skiing. I really don’t like working out, but one’s got to keep his belly in check.

2. When did you first consider becoming a writer?
I have always been a creative soul, if you will. Since an early age, I’d make up stories in my head and then draw them. When I grew older I decided I wanted to be a movie director. But my dreams were a far cry from reality, and what with having developed an obsession with reading, I thought maybe I should try becoming an author of at least one book. I was fifteen back then.

3. What is the name of your latest book and how would you describe it in a few words? 
My latest written work is entitled Antonia Bells. It’s a young adult fantasy that has romantic and apocalyptic elements in it.

4. How long does it take you to write a book?
Anywhere from one month to a little over a year. It really depends on how many changes I decided to apply to a book’s plot and whether or not the writing process is actually working or I’m making it work.

5. Do you have a favorite out of the books you’ve written? And if yes, why is it your favorite?
I love my Peter Simmons series. I’ve done so much plotting and writing for it that I feel like the characters from those books are my friends. Also, I’m actually really proud of the whole series, they suck me in every time I read them.

6. How long have you been writing? Who or what inspired you to write?
I’ve been writing for eight years now, with breaks in between. My inspiration came from J.K. Rowling and J.R.R. Tolkien, as they’re the reason why I fell in love with books in the first place.

7. What can we expect from you in the future? More sequels or something entirely new?
I think for now, I’ll go on writing about aliens, vampires, zombies, werewolves and humanoid elves. Perhaps as I grow older, my work will mature with me.

8. What genre do you write in?
Fantasy, mystery, sci-fi, hard sci-fi, young-adult, new-adult, romance and paranormal romance. These genres appeal to me most at this point in time, so it’s only normal I write in them. I must confess though, that lately, I’ve been seriously contemplating writing something Victorian. But that won’t be happening anytime soon, I’m afraid.

9. Do you have a treasured book that you place above all others?
I can’t think of any one book that I’d refer to as my favorite, but I’ve read To Kill a Mockingbird and Macbeth many a time. I also like The Outsiders a lot.

10.Do you have any favorite childhood books?
Absolutely, I, to this day, love Peter Pan and Winnie-the-Pooh. Also, The Wind in the Willows and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will forever remain in my heart.

11. Do you think eBooks will ever totally replace printed books? 
I certainly hope not! And no, I don’t believe they will be. It’s like playing the guitar, some people like acoustic and some electric. Both will probably live on forever.

12. What do you think makes a book good or a bestseller?
I believe the secret lies in creating realistic characters that readers will be able to relate you. If you’ll accomplish that, you’re half way there.

13. Have you ever had writer’s block? How do you deal with it? 
I have and not once. I recommend watching movies, reading books, listening to music and promenading. But, more importantly, just write. Write until you manage to make sense and turn your text into something eligible. If you don’t like the result, trash it and start all over again.

14. Do you read the reviews of your books?
I always do, without exception. Thank God, so far, all of them have been five-star. I love my readers!

15. Do you choose a title before after you’ve written the book?
I usually come up with a title beforehand, but I’ve been known to change it every now and then, if something better happens to pop in my head.

16. How do you go about your book covers? Does someone put them together for you?
I will sometimes work with a professional illustrator to get the job done, and at times I’ll buy a premade cover from some website online. My illustrator’s name is Igor Lukyanov, by the way. Go check him out; he has some great work available for display.

17. If you had to be one of the characters in your books, who would you be? 
I’d either be Rendlin Heldunk – a genius alien scientist who has a personal assistant – or Dominias Henderson – as he is immortal, virtually indestructible and not cowed by the notion of death.

18. If you could be anyone, who would you be?
I’d probably be an astronaut. No, come to think of it, I’d much rather be superman – he too can fly about in space, only he’s way faster and stronger.

19. Has any particular author or person had an influence on your writing, and if yes, who? 
Yes, my writing has been influenced by Stephen King, in that his books taught me to write a lot simpler than I used to at first. Also, Christopher Nolan had a huge effect on me, and I believe it shows in some of my stories.

20. Where do you see yourself in five years? (20)
That question always leaves me wondering, but if I had to answer it, I’d say I see myself on some best seller list – preferably as a #1 New York Time’s Bestseller (wink, wink; nudge, nudge).

It was a pleasure having you here with us! We hope to get a taste of your work new and old soon, especially with free time due to the approaching holiday (wink wink; nudge nudge). 


Connect with him on:


No comments:

Post a Comment