Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Little White Lies - Jodie Esch Review






17835436

Series: The Girlfriends Series
Book: Little White Lies
Author: Jodie Esch

Book Synopsis:
In Little White Lies, Book # 1 of the Girlfriends Series –Eighth grader Rachel Scott finally has the perfect boyfriend. He’s good looking, athletic and wealthy. The only problem is he doesn’t actually exist. Rachel’s escape into her fantasy world worries her parents and they insist she meet with the school counsellor. Frustrated with her life and without her best friend’s approval, Rachel heads down a dangerous path, looking for love in all the wrong places.


Book Review:
I am BLOWN AWAY!
This book was fantastic! Not sure where I should begin with this so I'll start like I usually do. With the characters. They were awesome. So real with real world problems and drama, real word attributes that made them so easy to connect to. After all that helps make the best characters. Especially our main character Rachel. I'm like her in a lot of ways, not physically but as a person. If I looked like her it'd be kind of weird, like "hey someone wrote my book twin!" No wait. That's be freaking awesome!!!
Next, the plot. My heart, I could feel it thumping pretty much the entire time I was reading this. I was worried id have to somehow save my own life in the midst of reading this book. Because there is NO WAY I was going to die before I finished reading this. Every moment, every turn of the page was like a whirl wind of emotions flying through me. When things seemed to level out, suddenly an earthquake would hit and my whole would be rocked. I was experiencing the emotions of the characters like they were my own, like with every turn of the page I was being knitted closer and closer together with them. The love of family and friends, lies, drama, and so much more all wrapped up into a wonderful book that has rocked my world. I can't wait to get my hands on book 2 ;). 

Favorite Quotes:

"'I don't seem to have enough time.'
'Everyone has the same number of hours in the day, Rachel.'"

"You are my entire life. Without you by my side, my world is incomplete. I think if you from sunrise to sunset."

"Some secrets are too ugly to keep."

"Why do adults make high school seem like that Survivor game on TV?"

"In my dream last night something shifted in my world. I was at the edge of a waterfall. Nervously, I jumped. I tumbled through the rapids heading to my final destination. What lay ahead was shrouded in mist."

"I don't want to be a victim. I hate that word. I want to be a strong person."

All in All:
If you're looking for a read that'll keep your heart racing, with drama and danger (without someone dying) then you have found your read. I don't regret reading it one bit and I am pretty sure you won't either. 

Check It On:

Purchase It Here:

Meet Jodie: (Taken From Goodreads)
Jodie Esch—Young Adult author of The Girlfriend Series—lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, dog, cat, chickens and alpacas. When not living in her fictional world, she spends her time as the 'Waste Management Queen' picking up manure on the property. She is passionate about words and is obsessed with writing and reading.


Connect With Jodie:

1 comment:

  1. Your review was a very special Christmas present to me. So unexpected. Your comments made me smile and made my day. Thanks for taking the time to read Little White Lies. I'm very excited that you liked this novel.

    ReplyDelete