Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Paparazzi Project - Kristina Springer Review


16029639


Book: The Paparazzi Project
Author: Kristina Springer
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary

Book Synopsis:
Livvie Peterson thought taking Interpersonal Communications her junior year would be an easy A. But when the first assignment is given, her world flips upside down. Here’s the deal: the class is assigned a six-week project and is split into three groups— Paparazzi, Tabloid, and Celebrities. The Paparazzi follow around the Celebrities taking pictures and grabbing any kind of quotes they can. The Celebrities try to navigate being tailed on a daily basis. And the Tabloid receives all the information collected by the Paparazzi and decides what makes the weekly summary report. Sounds harmless…and it’s all just pretend anyway, right?

Livvie is assigned as Paparazzi and when she is matched up with the über-cute Chas Montgomery as her Tabloid boss she’s pretty sure things couldn’t get much better. Livvie’s uncanny ability to capture the Celebrities in compromising photos matched with Chas’s skill of exaggerating captions and editing the photos make them an unstoppable team. And the long hours working side by side with Chas aren’t a bad bonus.

Livvie simultaneously launches an anonymous blog, leaking the class’ photos and stories on the Internet. Her rising follower number quickly becomes addicting and she possibly spills too much information online. Once she finds her own celebrity will she be able to give it back? And will Chas be gone before she ever has the chance to find out?


Book Review:
This was definitely one refreshing book. Not only in he fact that I haven't read anything quite like this before but also because I'm seeing things differently. I mean who doesn't like learning a life lesson while doing something you love? Like reading!
The first thing I want to tell you I loved was the characters and how real they were. Livvie is a girl I can identify in some ways and in some ways not. She has the real world feel to her, like you can find a girl like her somewhere making it a lot easier for me to connect with her (that and the fact that I've got a bit of her inside me). She's a normal girl with normal problems shoved into a situation that isn't exactly run of the mill but run of the mill doesn't usually stem the fun, excitement and drama going on in this kick butt book.
The plot was definitely something new. I don't think I have ever read a book with a plot anywhere close to this, and I am also sure I wouldn't had thought of it anytime soon. Probably ever. I loved the originality of it. The humor, the drama, the romance. All of tied seamless tied together onto the pages creating an unforgettable story that will definitely be on my list of favorites for many years to come, probably forever. 
Now about that life lesson I was talking about earlier, I don't usually learn these kind of things from books. Well, except how to be witty and kick ass :3 What I learned from this book however is that silence really is golden. Not having people all up in your business really is a great way to live, because one small thing can ruin your life, or even worse someone else's. I've learned that some things just aren't worth sharing for the price of fame. Like your soul (okay I know she's doesn't sell her soul in here but the best way to get my point across is to be wonderfully dramatic!)

Favorite Quotes:

"Oh, Hail Mary, full of grace, I wished I'd listened better in religious education classes and could finish this prayer."

"No good can come from putting your whole life on display. Giving people access to judge your day-to-day life and relationships can only cause harm in the end. Pour vivre heureux, vivons cache - Jean-Pierre Claris de Florian. If you want to love happily, live hidden."

All In All:
I loved this book. A great original plot coupled with romance, humor & wit, drama and scandals at the end of every row of lockers and I was sold. If you're looking for a great read like the one I described and some more then you've come to the right review, because you have found your next read!

No comments:

Post a Comment