Saturday, May 10, 2014

Book Review: Lucky Numbers – Kelly Gendron

Title: Lucky Numbers

Author: Kelly Gendron

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Synopsis:

One locked safe, a troublemaking tattoo, and two determined people… add up to unlocked secrets and a love that just won’t stop.

Luke “Lucky” O’Conner is a committed bachelor. His motto…“Nobody’s getting this Lucky.” So when Kaley Harlow walks into his tattoo shop and somehow leaves with the only record of the numbers to his new safe tattooed on her sexy little hip, Lucky’s motto is threatened. If he wants to see those numbers again, he has to get close. Closer than he’s ever gotten to any woman. And he has three weeks to do it.
Kaley Harlow, a happily washed-up former child star, is out to ruin her reputation. She’s through with people looking at her like she’s still that innocent little girl in pigtails. Not to mention, her agent has just signed her up for a movie contract. But, really, all Kaley wants is to start a new life and finally go to college. 
When Lucky happens into Kaley’s life for the second time, the hot, tattooed badass is exactly what she needs to sabotage her image. But this badass has a secret, one that could ruin more than just Kaley’s reputation…

My Rating:

Book Reviews By Rating
4 1/2 Steamy Hearts!

Favorite Quote:

“I promise, Kaley, that for as long as you need me, I will only be yours.”  He leaned forward and brushed his mouth against hers.  “Just as you’ll be only and all mine.”

My Review: 


Oh swoon, I don’t have any tattoos, nor does my husband.  However, I might consider one if Lucky worked nearby.  If I were young and single, this book might cause me to rush off to the nearest tattoo parlor in hopes of snagging me a tattooed hottie.  Ms. Gendron’s Luke O’Connor “Lucky” sounds just yummy, inside and out.  Our heroine, Kaley, wants to use him her plot to damage her goody-two-shoes reputation as she thinks he is a tatted up “badass.”  Tut, tut.  We should never judge a book by its cover.  Although he prefers to let others, as well as himself, think he is aloof, rough, and edgy; he is just a tender hearted softie who is quick to help others in need.  Ms. Gendron’s well written story aptly captures the tension, emotion, confusion, and passion of these two emotionally guarded characters as they try to deny, and avoid, having feelings for each other.  But we know that won’t work, we’ve seen this before, and after all, I chose to read it because it’s a love story.  But Ms. Gendron makes us work for it.  I liked all the characters and felt like I either knew them, or wanted to know them.  And when they finally get it together, it was oh so steamy, I had to wipe the fog from my glasses more than a few times. I had never read this author before, but will be delving into her listings to find my next treat, she seems to have whetted my appetite.  

Empress DJ


No comments:

Post a Comment