Thursday, June 26, 2014

Review: Cain's Salvatain by Sarah O'Rourke - Empress DJ

Title: Cain’s Salvation


Author: Sarah O’Rourke


Genre: Contemporary Romance


Synopsis:

 When Dr. Cain Turner's life was literally blown apart in a small province of Afghanistan, it was only the hope and memories of one woman that propelled him forward. But there were more demons to face. 

In the small country hamlet of Paradise, Tennessee...Faith waits. Surrounded by her loving sisters, Faith McKinnon had faced her own demons, having thought that the love of her life had deserted her. 

But fate...and a few meddling McKinnon sisters...conspired to bring the two star-crossed lovers together again.

My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


 “Hearing Honor curse was sort of like watching Santa smoke weed.  It was just wrong.”

“He’d lost so much weight that not even the beer he drank like it was the fifth food group had made a dent.”

“He guessed she was plotting fifty ways to kill him and make it look like an accident.  That’s how this sister worked.  She was vengeful.  Oh, she was syrupy sweet on the outside, but Patience had a core of pure fire.”

“Because I swear by everything that I hold dear, there’s gonna be either a wedding or a funeral.  Since I’m a generous Christian woman, I’ll let you decide which one you want.”

              

My Review:


 An excellent second chance romance that is smokin’ hot, contemporary, and right on point with the current difficulties our returning troops are encountering with PTSD.  I have had this book on my reader for months and could kick myself for not getting to it sooner.  The book is well written, steamy, and poignant.  I could not put it down and finished it in a day.  Having grown up in a small town, these people seemed familiar and real to me.  And while I could do without having her meddlesome and bossy sisters in my life, I do wish I had an Auntie Orla, she sounds like fun. 

Empress DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment