Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Release Day: My Last Season With You - SVC Ricketts Review


My last season with you review

Book: My Last Season With You
Author: S.V.C Ricketts

Book Synopsis:
“Dealing with your own terminal illness is easier than telling your best friend that you’re in love with her. Just sayin’.” – Regina Callahan

Reggie Callahan has come to terms with her prognosis of less than a year to live. She’s been dealing with it all summer thanks to blacking out and falling off her horse back home in Wisconsin. Instead of starting her junior year, she’s only back at New York University to tie up loose ends. One of them is breaking the news to her childhood friend, actress and model, Desi St. Clair. For Reggie, telling her that she is sick, and leaving the city is harder than learning you’re going to die.

Until Desi kisses her.

This isn’t a story about gender preference or about living with cancer. Plain and simple, it’s about love and what people are willing to endure to live without regrets and savor every moment.

Book review:
Cancer is scary. There's no need to once words about it, it's scary and horrifying and you probably wouldn't wish it onto your worst enemy. So I'm sure our main character was terrified when she learned about it, especially since she didn't have too high of a survival rate. When tomorrow isn't certain, how can you promise it to someone. 
Our main characters break through their fear and choose to love another no matter how little time they have left. I love the purity of their love, you don't see that kind of love anywhere anymore. I love the realness of the characters, especially Reggie. Most authors would make her out to be fearless and driven as she does all she wants to do before she passes, completely ignoring her fear. But I'm pretty sure it would be hard to ignore when death looms over you, and Reggie is real with her wish to live for the moment but she doesn't let go of her fear like it's an old toy. Her parent are hilarious, Desi is simply sparkling and I sat there holding onto hope and praying that Reggie would make it through. The ending of this book got me though, I was so mad when I read it I stopped and sulked for a god 15 minutes before I even considered finishing it. It was definitely out of left field, and though there is a form of happiness there's a deep sadness embedded within me as I read the final words of the books. I don't regret this book at all and I give it a whopping 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment