Thursday, October 2, 2014

Rough Waters - Nikki Godwin Review


Series: Drenaline Surf
Book: Rough Waters
Author: Nikki Godwin

Book Synopsis:
Haley's future has been waiting on the west coast for the past year, but she isn't the only new face in Crescent Cove this summer. When Colby Taylor's parents locate him and interrupt his surf competition, the surf star spirals out of control, dragging Drenaline Surf's reputation through the mud and into the ground with him. 

With Colby's secrets plastered across surf magazines and tabloid headlines, Haley takes on the job of playing damage control for Drenaline Surf - which isn't easy when Colby breaks everything he touches, Topher breaks the law, and Miles breaks his leg. 

Instead of chasing dreams of forever, Haley spends her summer chasing the unraveling careers of the hottest new faces in the surf world, and she's about to learn what happens when forever doesn't last.

Book review:
Sometimes it's hard to continue a series. The magic runs out after book 1 and the series isn't really going anywhere but they're trying to make it work. Like making more movies in a series cuz it did so good, seems like a good idea but you probably shouldn't had done it. This is most definitely NOT the case with this sequel. All my favorite characters are back and causing more mayhem while they're growing up and changing. Things fall apart, put back together, the tape wears down and things fall apart again, the waves are washing on shore and then back out. I absolutely LOVED this book. With twists and turns that kept me on my toes I was fighting the waves to keep reading, to know how it ends because I was hungering for it. Sometimes things don't work out to well, carnivals get scrapped, boyfriends don't treat you right, and the waves try to claim what is theirs. It doesn't matter because even though the waters are rough it can't last forever. The ending made me squeal and then I got mad because I don't have book 3. I've enjoyed reading the series immensely so far and I expect great things to come for out characters as we continue their story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment