Monday, July 6, 2015

Book Review: Rocco by Tracie Podger

Rocco Banner

Title: Rocco
Author: Tracie Podger
Genre: Contemporary Romance and Suspense
Release Date: June 30th 2015

Rocco Cover

Rocco Synopsis

Naples, Italy, the late 60’s – A young man witnesses the abduction of his father and brother.
Rome, Italy, present day – Now a very powerful old man and head of the largest crime organisation in the world, he tells his story.
This is a story of young love, of dreams and hopes for a future not possible.
This is a story of the darkest anger, the deepest love and crushing regret.

This is the story of Rocco

*Contemporary Romance for readers over the age of 18

*This novella is to accompany the bestselling Fallen Angel Series

Rocco Teaser 1

Rocco Excerpt

We didn’t speak as she walked towards me. She took a washcloth and held it under the water. She raised it to my cheek, holding it over the graze. The control I had exerted inside for so long gave way to an overwhelming desire for her. It had been two years that I had watched her grow into a woman, two years of holding back, of knowing she wanted me and resisting her. I closed my eyes and sighed. I turned and took a step towards her. I rested my forehead on hers as she bunched my shirt in her hands. It wasn’t a conscious movement but my hand snaked around her waist, gripping the t-shirt she was wearing. Her smell was intoxicating and my senses spiralled out of control. I nuzzled into her neck; her warm skin met my lips. My tongue trailed a path across her jawbone finding her mouth. She welcomed me in. As our kiss deepened I walked her backwards, pressing her against the wall. I needed the wall for support. And then I heard a small moan, a moan of pleasure.
“Fuck, fuck, fuck,” I said as I moved away from her.

Teaser 2

Rocco Buy Links

Amazon.com Amazon.co.uk Amazon.ca Amazon.au  B&N

My Rating:

Favorite Quotes:


“I always thought it strange to hear laughter at a wake.  I wanted people to mourn, to cry, to feel the rage inside that I did and to scream and shout.  I wanted the sun to stop shining, for the birds to stop singing.”


“I shook my head.  I had no need for a good woman, it was the bad ones I had recently discovered – they were the ones I liked at that point in my life.”


“At my heart, I am a simple farmer’s son who loved so desperately and lost.”


My Review:


Rocco is a melancholy and almost ethereal read, while interspersed with those steamy bits that Tracie Podger does so very well.  I became an instant fan of hers with Fallen Angel Part 1.  The Rocco novella fills in some missing pieces of the story for me, although it also further intrigues me about Evelyn.   I have somehow missed out on some of the other novellas, but I always enjoy reading Ms. Podger’s work.  Her plot and character development are intense and engrossing, and her writing style is highly descriptive, and involving, and tends to stay with me long after I have finished the books.  While reading Rocco, I was so entrenched I could almost smell the coffee and taste the wine, and I swear I heard the Godfather music in my head throughout the story.  I have become so invested in his story that I hoping Ms. Podger reconnects Rocco and Evelyn down the road to ease his misery... just saying. 

Empress DJ



Rocco Author Bio

Tracie Podger currently lives in Kent, UK with her husband and a rather obnoxious cat called George. She’s a Padi Scuba Diving Instructor with a passion for writing. Tracie has been fortunate to have dived some of the wonderful oceans of the world where she can indulge in another hobby, underwater photography. She likes getting up close and personal with sharks.
Tracie has self published the Amazon bestselling Fallen Angel series, and the last release, Travis became available at all major ebook retailers in March 2015. There are currently three more releases scheduled for 2015.

unnamed (1)

Rocco Author Links
 

No comments:

Post a Comment