Thursday, January 14, 2016

Book Review: Your Irresistible Love by Layla Hagen


Your Irresistible Love

Your Irresistible Love

by Layla Hagen

Goodreads

B&N

Apple ibooks

Kobo

Amazon US


Sebastian Bennett is a determined man. It’s the secret behind the business empire he built from scratch. Under his rule, Bennett Enterprises dominates the jewelry industry. Despite being ruthless in his work, family comes first for him, and he’d do anything for his parents and eight siblings—even if they drive him crazy sometimes. . . like when they keep nagging him to get married already.

Sebastian doesn’t believe in love, until he brings in external marketing consultant Ava to oversee the next collection launch. She’s beautiful, funny, and just as stubborn as he is. Not only is he obsessed with her delicious curves, but he also finds himself willing to do anything to make her smile. He’s determined to have Ava, even if she’s completely off limits. Ava Lindt has one job to do at Bennett Enterprises: make the next collection launch unforgettable. Daydreaming about the hot CEO is definitely not on her to-do list. Neither is doing said CEO. The consultancy she works for has a strict policy—no fraternizing with clients. She won’t risk her job. Besides, Ava knows better than to trust men with her heart. But their sizzling chemistry spirals into a deep connection that takes both of them by surprise. Sebastian blows through her defenses one sweet kiss and sinful touch at a time. When Ava’s time as a consultant in his company comes to an end, will Sebastian fight for the woman he loves or will he end up losing her?  

My Rating:




Favorite Quotes:

“If you finally found a woman who isn’t working on bagging you, she’s a keeper.”   

“I’m an expert at heating stuff up in the microwave.  I’m also very proficient at cutting and burning myself.” 

“This is the first time a man has cooked for me.  Damn it.  There are too many firsts with him, and he has a way of making them all unforgettable.  Because really, who could forget the sight of him in boxers, cooking?” 

“You complete me, Ava.  Right from the beginning there was something in you beckoning to me.  I can’t imagine going on without you.”   


My Review:

I periodically crave and desperately require a steamy and sweet romance to clear out the mental stickiness of my everyday work grind - and Layla Hagen’s delightful writing style is one of my go-to authors and is perfect to scratch that itch for a pleasant and amusing escape.  I adore her worthwhile and intelligent characters, clever humor, witty dialogues, and supportive and sweet love stories.  I enjoyed every book of her Lost series, and she has never failed to entertain or provide a satisfying HEA.  Your Irresistible Love is the first book in a promising new series that I am eager to continue.  Thankfully, it involves a large, sassy, and close knit family, so I have high hopes they will keep her occupied for years to come.  

Empress DJ
 

Layla Hagen     

 Welcome! My name is Layla Hagen and I am a Contemporary Romance author. I fell in love with books when I was nine years old, and my love affair with stories continues even now, many years later. I write romantic stories and can’t wait to share them with the world. And I drink coffee. Lots of it, in case the photo didn’t make it obvious enough ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment