Sunday, October 30, 2016

Book Review: Sunshine and Rain by M. Mabie

Sunshine-and-Rain-Fb-Banner (1).jpg

Sunshine-and-rain-ebook (2).jpg

Sunshine and Rain

 by M. Mabie


Standalone small-town romance, City Limits #2 

Release Date: October 28

 Goodreads

Amazon


Blurb:

Welcome to Wynne, population 3402.

No rockstars. No major politicians. No media moguls.

Things don’t change quickly in a small town, except when they do. It’s been pouring rain all summer long, and the disc jockey and local farmer are all of the sudden attached at the hip. It’s not only the rising river getting deeper and deeper.

This is your basic water tower painting, tractor driving, tailgate cooler packing kinda guy chases the single, blonde, radio vixen with mosquito bite rage from his youth type of romance. Or is it the other way around?

Low on drama. High on Love.

Grab an umbrella because it’s a long wet summer.


My Rating:




Favorite Quotes:



New hot men in Wynne were like Halley's Comet: they only came around once in a lifetime.


I didn't want to be the old chick at the bar, dammit.  I looked around, and I wasn't the oldest, by far, but I was one of only two women around my age who were there and single.  BethAnne didn't count though because she was a ho.


Earlier that night, he'd told me my dancing looked like a frog on a hot sidewalk.  Then he'd told me he was running home to poop - but he'd be back.  We were definitely just friends.


It wasn't fair to other men how attractive he was.  An image of him shirtless, mowing my yard, came to mind.  I chalked it up to early onset panther syndrome and bent over at the hip to catch a breath that rushed through me, the image having left me winded.


She obviously didn't know what she was talking about.  A man's grill is an extension of himself.  There's a bond there.  I swear it... 'Mine isn't just any grill Sunny.  It's The Grill.  I can't just be flinging my meat around on any old burner.'


After the lawn chairs were unfolded and the card table was set up, the yard was almost redneck romantic.



My Review:



I treasured and adored every page of this refreshingly original, fun, and delightful book.  I was in dire need of a sweet and drama-llama free read and I must say I was shocked beyond belief to find just that from M. Mabie.  This was not at all what I expected from her given the constant angst, conflict, and tension found in her Wake series - although I also loved those books to pieces.  But I was beguiled, enchanted, and fell into a total swoon over Rhett and Sunny.  I often laughed aloud, barked, and chortled as I read.  Rhett was THE perfect BBF, his patience, the care he took, and the thoughtfulness and creativeness of his efforts to please Sunny were so sweet and tender that it stung my eyes.  I relished the tenderness and sweetness of their love story, the irreverent humor, snappy banter, and slyly clever observations and insights.  The writing was crisp, humorous, and unfailingly engaging. Ms. Mabie's characters were just adorable, well fleshed out, endearing, amusing, and lovable.  I hated to leave Wynne but hope and pray Ms. Mabie extends a return invitation soon.  I will save her some time and just RSVP right now.  I'm thoughtful like that...

Empress DJ


Book One in the City Limits Series: ROOTS AND WINGS is currently ON SALE for 99¢ or FREE with a KindleUnlimited Subscription!


Sunshine-and-rain (1).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment